oneM2M Legal Subcommittee Terms of Reference (ToR)
Page created - 2013-01-15 (See change history below).
This subcommittee is established to provide input on legal issues, including but not limited to those pertaining to the oneM2M Partnership Agreement and the oneM2M IPR principles, for consideration by the oneM2M Steering Committee.
The Legal subcommittee will provide feedback to the Steering Committee on legal matters referred to it by the Steering Committee and/or the one M2M Secretariat. This input may take the form of information or draft responses, but it will be the responsibility of the Steering Committee to accept and/or act on this input.
- Neither the Legal subcommittee, nor any of its participants, is serving as legal counsel for oneM2M. Input that may be provided by the subcommittee should not be considered legal advice. Each Partner should independently review any input and seek the advice of its own counsel as appropriate.
- The subcommittee operates on a consensus basis, and, in the absence of reaching consensus, the
subcommittee shall inform the Steering Committee that consensus could not be reached.
- The subcommittee should communicate and progress its activities via email.
- Subcommittee meetings should be conducted electronically, via either email or electronic meetings.
- The subcommittee shall provide feedback to the Steering Committee.
- Unless there is a specific need for expedited consideration of a matter by the subcommittee, the
subcommittee shall generally afford participants with a minimum of seven business days to review matters.
- The subcommittee is comprised of representatives of Partners Type 1 and Partners Type 2.
- Representatives of the oneM2M Secretariat may participate in subcommittee meetings.
- The number of subcommittee members should not exceed 2 persons per Partner, excluding the Chair, Secretary, and Secretariat representative(s).
2013-01-15 page created from oneM2M-SC-2013-0114_legal_ad_hoc_Group_TOR.doc
"Ad Hoc Group" was replaced by "Subcommittee" as agreed in SC#4